Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic have announced flights on sale under their codeshare partnership, to provide guests with more flexibility when travelling between Australia and the United Kingdom.
The new codeshare partnership will include Virgin Australia’s Sydney—Hong Kong services that will commence operations on 2 July, in addition to the Melbourne—Hong Kong services already on offer.
New connections on Virgin Australia’s domestic network have also been added to the codeshare, including Adelaide—Sydney, Adelaide—Melbourne and Canberra—Melbourne.
“This codeshare partnership means even more customers can travel around the world using only Virgin airlines, and it will also streamline the travel experience by providing a single check-in and baggage drop for the entire journey,” Virgin Atlantic, chief commercial officer, Shai Weiss said.
Key benefits under the codeshare include:
• Enabling guests to travel between Australia and London on Virgin flights, connecting through Los Angeles or Hong Kong
• Providing guests travelling from the UK with options for convenient connections to eight cities on Virgin Australia’s domestic network; Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart, Melbourne and Sydney
• Expanding the customer offering to include new connections on Virgin Australia’s domestic network, being Adelaide-Sydney, Adelaide-Melbourne and Canberra- Melbourne
• Allowing guests to organise all flights, including the connecting flights, under the one booking, with a single check-in and baggage drop
• Allowing Virgin Atlantic Flying Club members to earn miles, and Virgin Australia’s Velocity Frequent Flyer members to earn Points and Status Credits when flying with either airline under the codeshare
• Providing eligible members of the Frequent Flyer Program with full access to Virgin Australia Lounges and Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses.