We’ve got some feel-good self-care products in our V&T travel bag that will leave you looking and feeling fabulous from the inside out. Check out the products that have grabbed our attention this season.
Whether you’re about to board a long-haul flight and need some extra goodness to get you through, or you’re seeking some everyday self-care products to elevate your routine, we’ve compiled some of our favourite products.
Warning: products may leave you feeling divine!
This nutrient-dense goodness-in-a-cup is a daily blend perfect for any season. It’s best known for improving health, elevating mood and enhancing cognitive function. Grown ethically and sourced sustainably by one of the oldest tribes in the Amazon, it’s made with 100% organic ingredients, is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, preservative-free and vegan. Packed with goodies like raw cacao powder, lucuma powder, and evaporated coconut nectar, it’s delicious and nutritious.
Warm latte – Mix one tablespoon per 200ml of water or milk of your choosing. Heat in a saucepan or frother until just steaming.
Cold shake – Add tea tablespoon per 200ml of water or milk of your choosing into a shake or blender. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add it to smoothies for extra goodness.
Blends available: Original Cacao, Chilli Cacao, Rose Cacao, Matcha Mint Cacao, Ceremonial Grade Cacao
We care about our skin – particularly in the Australian climate, where the sun shines with an intensity almost 365 days a year. Using products that are vegan, cruelty-free, reef-safe, ocean-friendly, fragrance-free and Australian-made is a can’t-live-without necessity in any beauty bag. Loaded with 17 quality ingredients, with the likes of hyaluronic acid, sunflower seed oil, vitamin E, and jojoba seed oil, while you’re keeping the UVA and UVB rays out – with non-nano zinc oxide – you’re also keeping the good stuff in. Plus, having sunscreen, nourishing moisturiser and a light coverage tint in one bottle means fewer products taking up space in your bathroom vanity or travel bag. And as we all know with the increasing cost of luggage on flights, less is more.
Best for: everyday use for protection, coverage and glow.
How to use: Apply 20 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply every two hours or more frequently when sweating, swimming or after towelling.
Shades available: Nudey for tint-less, Tahiti for fair skin, Rio for tan skin, and Capri for olive complexions.
Jurlique Activating Water Essence+
This one will be your new flight best friend – or an everyday goodie-inducer for those seeking extra hydration. The silky lightweight essence perfectly prepares the skin for optimal hydration by harnessing two powerful marshmallow root extracts. This combination actively improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture. Suitable for all skin types, it’s free from all artificial colours, artificial fragrances, parabens, and sulphates. Clean and crisp – it’s an essential self-care product.
Best for: everyday use for rejuvenated skin.
How to use: Apply four drops onto your skin before building upon your skincare routine.
You can shop it here.
Hairitage Masquerade Transforming Mask
This 5-in-1 hair treatment is the key to restoring your dehydrated and damaged hair. The blend of agave, argan oil, shea butter, macadamia oil, acai, noni fruit and aloe will give dry and frizzy hair some much-needed moisture and nutrients. It will also hide any sneaky split ends peeking out. Free of all the nasties and vegan-friendly – it has the V&T tick of approval.
Best for: everyday use for giving your hair some luscious love.
How to use: Apply a small amount to damp hair and leave it in for five to 10 minutes. For a more intensive mask, leave it on for 8 hours/overnight and rinse it in the morning. Be sure to don a shower cap of sorts before settling in for some sleep.
You can shop the self-care product here.
What are the five types of self-care?
While there are many ways to incorporate self-care into your life – and each person’s way of attaining self-care varies – the five common types of self-care are:
- Physical self-care: regular movement, adequate sleep, balanced diet, good hygiene
- Emotional self-care: expressing emotions, practicing mindfulness or meditation, setting healthy boundaries, seeking support from loved ones or a therapist, engaging in self-reflection
- Mental self-care: reading, learning new things, puzzles or brain games, managing self-talk
- Social self-care: spending time with loved ones, joining social groups or communities,
- Spiritual self-care: meditation, prayer, spending time in nature, practicing gratitude
What are some good self-care items?
This depends on each individual as everyone has varying practices or products that resonate more profoundly with them. But to give you an idea, here is a list of good self-care items:
- Aromatherapy essentials: essential oils, scented candles, or diffusers
- Bath and body products: bath bombs, bath oils, bubble bath, skincare products
- Journal or notebook
- Comfort items: soft blankets, warm socks, cozy robe
- Mindfulness tools: cushions, stress balls, fidget toys
- Healthy snacks and beverages: herbal teas, infused water, mineral and vitamin-rich goods
- Inspirational books or podcasts
- Art supplies: coloured pencils, paints, adult colouring books
- Relaxation aids: eye masks, herbal heat packs, weighted blankets
- Plants or flowers
- The ultimate travel essentials checklist 2023
- 21 best and most stunning spa hotels in Europe
- This Gold Coast Hinterland health retreat will revitalise your life
Read more inspiring stories from Vacations & Travel…