The Wizarding World of Harry Potter continues to delight and inspire both young and young at heart. Feel the wonder all over again at these immersive Harry Potter experiences around the world.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was published in 1997 and became a bestseller. Tales of the Boy Wizard captured the imagination of children the world over and grew to be a seven-book series with three companion texts: Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Tales of Beedle The Bard. The Harry Potter series has broken book-selling records, produced an eight-film franchise with Wizarding World spin-offs, and inspired an award-winning theatre production, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Despite the passage of more than two decades, the world’s fascination with J.K. Rowling’s magical universe hasn’t waned. In fact, Harry Potter experiences continue to pop up around the world, and we’ve rounded up some of the best.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme Parks
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort, USA
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Osaka, Japan
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Hollywood, USA
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Beijing Resort, China
When choosing which Wizarding World of Harry Potter experience to visit, it’s worth noting that some parks have unique features. Universal Orlando Resort has two Harry Potter areas to visit, Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida and Hogsmeade in Universal’s Islands of Adventure. It’s also the only location where visitors can ride Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure roller coaster, the longest in Florida. Universal Studios Osaka is the only Wizarding World to have the Great Lake, and Universal Studios in Beijing occasionally gets snow, adding to the experience.
Harry Potter Exhibitions
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: The Making of Harry Potter is the original studio in which the movies were filmed.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo: The Making of Harry Potter is the largest indoor Harry Potter attraction in the world.
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition is a touring showcase celebrating the most iconic moments, characters and beasts from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, including Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
- Harry Potter: Magic at Play is a touring hands-on exhibition for children and families with magical games, activities and photo opportunities.
- Harry Potter: A Forbidden Experience is a world-touring woodland Harry Potter experience curated by award-winning theatrical designers and inspired by the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films.
You can check which city is the next scheduled location for an exhibition by viewing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Experiences page.
Harry Potter experiences and tours
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a critically acclaimed and award-winning theatre production that plays in major cities all around the world. It follows Harry into his adult years as an Auror who must solve a new mystery Hogwarts.
- The Harry Potter Film Concert Series is an orchestral experience that allows fans to watch the films accompanied by a live orchestra.
- The Hogwarts Express is hosted by West Coast Railways onboard the Jacobite steam train. Purchase a ticket to follow in the footsteps of Harry, Ron and Hermione.
- Platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross Station in London hosts Back To Hogwarts Day on 1 September each Year. At 11am, Hogsmeade appears on the departure boards and the call for all students to make their way to the Hogwarts Express is sounded, followed by the iconic theme song. On this day you can expect to find Harry Potter experiences, pop-ups and activities at the station. You can also find the Platform 9 ¾ photo opportunity here, and the Platform 9 ¾ official shop.
- The Tour For Muggles by The Department of Tourism and Muggle Relations is an award-winning walking tour of London’s film sites.
- The Harry Potter Cafe in Tokyo, Japan serves up traditional British fare with a side of Harry Potter. experiences, such as drinks in cauldrons, desserts shaped like the Sorting Hat and Harry’s infamous birthday cake from Hagrid.
- The Potter Trail is Edinburgh’s original Harry Potter walking tour and offers both free and paid tours of locations that inspired J.K. Rowling’s characters and scenes.
Harry Potter concept stores
- Harry Potter London is the original official merchandise store, found in King’s Cross Hotel
- Harry Potter New York is the world’s only official Harry Potter flagship store, spanning three floors and 21,000 square feet.
- Quizzic Alley can be found in Sydney and Canberra and is one of Australia’s very few licensed Harry Potter merchandise stores.
- The Store of Requirement Shop & Cafe is a licensed merchandise retailer and Harry Potter experience in Melbourne, Australia, and is found in the suburb of Collingwood.
- House of MinaLima has gallery and retail spaces in New York, Osaka, Seoul and London. MinaLima is the studio responsible for designing the graphic props for the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films.
- Found on London’s Charing Cross Road, House of Spells sells an exclusive Harry Potter collection of replica props and collectibles.
- The Wands and Wizard Exploratorium by The Cauldron Co. is an immersive venue in London that caters to witches and wizards of all ages. There’s a potion-making class, afternoon tea, a magic wand experience, and a retail shop.
- The Noble Collection in London’s Covent Garden is an authorised manufacturer of replica film props, such as Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings.
- Museum Context is an officially licensed Harry Potter retailer located on Edinburgh’s picturesque Victoria Road Street, Scotland.
- Mahou Dokoro is a chain of Harry Potter-themed shops located in Tokyo and other areas of Japan.
Harry Potter accommodation
For the ultimate Harry Potter experience, why not book a stay in one of these hotels, private stays or Airbnbs for full immersion into the magical world of Hogswarts, Hogsmeade and the Gryffindor common rooms.
- The Wizard Chamber at The Georgian House Hotel in London, England
- The Sorcerer’s Cottage on Airbnb in Colmar, France
- De Vere House (where Godric’s Hollow was filmed) in Lavenham, Suffolk, England
- The Enchantment Chamber at Cocoa Suites in York, UK
- Ground Keeper’s Cottage in Liverton, North Shire, UK
- The Dorm Room in Liverton, North Shire, UK
- The Wizard’s Suite at Hotel Windsor in Melbourne, Australia
- The Hogwarts Hideaway in Garston, UK
- The Dorm Room in Chickamauga, USA
- The Wizarding Home, 10 Miles from Universal Studios Orlando in Florida, USA
- J.K. Rowling Suite at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland
The Making of Harry Potter arrives in Tokyo
A visitor’s guide to the real-life Schitts’ Creek
How to see the film locations from Sleepless in Seattle
Where was Harry Potter filmed? 24 of the real locations
Read more inspiring stories by Vacations & Travel…