The growing popularity of festive winter river cruises in Europe has prompted five-star cruise line, Riviera Travel River Cruises, to release for sale 19 Christmas, New Year and Yuletide Market cruises for journeys in 2021.
Perfect for Christmas romantics or New Year revellers, the stocking load of short-break festive cruises on the Rhine or Danube rivers will showcase some of Europe’s finest river scenery as well as picturesque medieval towns and imperial cities embellished in winter sparkle, with cobblestone squares filled with carollers, glittering Christmas trees and market stalls laden with roasting chestnuts, hot mulled wine, decorations and gifts. The cruises also include festive events onboard.
From only A$1339 per person & supplement-free for solo travellers on available sailings.
Flexible booking policy extended to December 31, 2020.
Fares include daily guided tours, onboard Wi-Fi and complimentary coffee, tea and water in cabins each day. Fares are subject to availability.
The 19 new festive sailings for December, 2021 feature:
- ‘Enchanting Rhine and Yuletide Markets’ – a five-day round sailing from Cologne, with seven departures available from December 6-18, 2021, and fares from A$1349 per person, twin-share
- ‘Danube’s Imperial Cities and Yuletide Markets’ – a six-day round sailing from Budapest, with eight departures available from December 1-17, 2021, and fares from A$1339 per person, twin-share
- ‘Christmas on the Rhine’ – eight days, round-trip from Cologne, sailing December 21, 2021, from A$4509 per person, twin-share
- ‘Christmas on the Blue Danube’ – eight days, round-trip from Budapest, sailing December 22, 2021, from A$4149 per person, twin-share
- ‘New Year on the Rhine’ – six days, round-trip from Cologne, sailing December 28, 2021, from A$3049 per person, twin-share
- ‘New Year on the Blue Danube’ – six days, round-trip from Budapest, sailing December 29, 2021, from A$2769 per person, twin-share
A selected number of supplement-free cabins across the festive sailings have also been set aside for single travellers, subject to availability, but are expected to sell out fast with early bookings recommended.
Riviera Travel River Cruises has also announced it has extended its ‘Sense of Calm’ flexible booking policy to December 31, 2020, with new bookings made until then able to be changed, free of charge, up to 45 days before sailing.
For bookings in Australia, call the Australian representatives, Cruise Traveller, on 1300 561 001 or visit www.rivieratravel.com.au
Renowned for its simple, affordable fares, Riviera Travel River Cruises is scheduled to offer a record 350 sailings across Europe in 2021 on an unprecedented 20 different itineraries and 14 luxury river ships. A dedicated, online Australian brochure is now available.
For more Vacations & Travel ideas and offers, subscribe to our e-newsletter here
More Vacations & Travel Deals & Itineraries for 2021: