New dining options at Hayman Island by InterContinental
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts is set to launch a new level of luxury in Australia with the opening of Hayman Island by InterContinental. From 1 July 2019, guests can experience private island living in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. As the date inches closer, more and more details of the new resort’s offerings are being revealed. Most recently, the culinary line-up was released, and suffice it to say, it’ll be sure to satisfy.
Joshua Dows has been appointed the Director of Restaurants and Bars, setting the overall culinary tone and concept. Dows’ experience comes from working onboard luxury cruise ships, catering to the diverse desires of 3,000 passengers.
Dows says,“Our philosophy is built around giving guests a truly unique restaurant and bar experience across all our venues, mixing the very best of local flavour and global know-how. For me, it’s about creating a lasting memory. It is a wonderful pleasure to experiment and uncover dining experiences which reflect not only the heart of the Whitsundays, but experiences filled with fun, distinction and refinement. We cannot wait to welcome our first guests in July.”
Also joining the culinary team at Hayman Island by InterContinental are Erwin Joven and Anthony Kramer. Joven joins as the Director of Kitchens, and has a great amount of experience working on luxury islands as an Executive Chef. His penchant for outdoor BBQs will be sure to pique the taste buds of guests enjoying sunset cocktails overlooking the Coral Sea. Kramer, the new Executive Sous Chef, returns to Australia after working in a high-end resort in Vietnam for the past decade.
Together, Dows, Joven and Kramer will be steering the five different food and drink offerings on the island. These include:
- Pacific – the resort’s signature brasserie-style restaurant, with an ocean-front bar featuring a bespoke beverage collection.
- AQUA – the pool-side AQUA will offer guests a light menu of shareable seafood dishes, tropical fruit juices, fresh salads and cocktails.
- Amici Trattoria – a casual Italian eatery with a wood-fired oven as its centrepiece.
- Bam Bam – this bold, fusion restaurant marries Pan Asian flavours with an Australian twist.
- Bar Fifty – the lobby bar, Bar Fifty, plays homage to the 1950s with classic cocktails, canapes and light bites.