Getting from the airport to the city centre can sometimes be frustrating or tedious, but we’ve compiled the best Perth airport transfer options to take the stress out of travelling.
Travelling to a new city, whether for business or leisure, can be an exciting experience. One of the first things you need to do upon arriving at your destination is to figure out how to get from the airport to the city centre.
Here are some handy transport tips for travelling in Perth.
Perth Airport Rail Link
One way to travel from Perth Airport to the CBD is by train via the recently-completed AUD $1.86 billion Airport Rail Link. This rail line connects the domestic and international terminals directly with a convenient and fast train service to Perth and beyond. The journey takes approximately 18 minutes to Perth and offers passengers an affordable alternative to taxis or private transfers.
The trains generally start running in the early morning, usually around 5 am. This early start allows passengers to catch early flights or begin their commute at the beginning of the day.
The last train typically departs around midnight. It’s essential to note that schedules may vary depending on the day of the week and any special events or circumstances.
Hot Tip: The new rail link does not operate 24 hours a day. Be sure to check Transperth and consult the latest timetables for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the operating hours of the new Perth Airport railway line.
Catching a bus or taxi – traditional transfer options
For the cheapest trip, travel by bus from the Perth Airport to the CBD. Public buses operate daily between both terminals and various points in the city centre, making it essential for travellers on a budget.
Although cost-effective, catching a bus can have its drawbacks. Operating less frequently than most other city centres, it also runs less than trains and taxis. Especially during off-peak hours and weekends. So be sure to do ample research into the local timetables and frequency of buses available.
Taking a taxi in Perth
Taxis are the most common mode of transportation between Perth Airport and the CBD. They provide direct door-to-door services without requiring any changes along the way. Taxis are readily available at the airport, making them a convenient choice for travellers arriving at any time of day.
As with all taxi services, travellers must be aware of the extra costs of going to and from the airport. Taxi fares can start to get expensive compared to other transfer options, particularly with peak-hour surcharges and distance-based fees. Typically, a taxi could cost between $50-$70 before extra fees are accounted for. This option can increase significantly if the taxi encounters heavy traffic en route to your destination.
Private taxi options – an alternative airport transfer
One way to avoid the downsides of trains, buses, and taxis is to book a private taxi. They provide comfortable, reliable, and efficient transfers between Perth Airport and the CBD using a diverse fleet of vehicles at a quoted fixed cost. One of the best private taxi operators is King Mini Bus Charter Perth. With more than 10 years of experience, and with a wide range of larger-sized vehicles available, it’s a great option if you’ve got extra luggage or travelling in a large group. They can be booked in advance and prices are set and confirmed prior to arriving, meaning there are no extra tariffs or unexpected charges for the trip.
Other advantages to choosing a private taxi for your Perth airport transfer are:
1. Convenience – A King Mini Bus Charter’s private taxi offers door-to-door service without the need for multiple transfers or connections. Avoid the hassle of navigating public transportation or searching for a taxi.
2. Speed – You won’t have to wait for scheduled trains or buses as your private taxi will be ready upon arrival at the airport. Additionally, experienced drivers will select the most efficient routes to get you to your destination quickly.
3. Comfort – Enjoy a spacious, clean, air-conditioned vehicle with ample storage space for luggage during your transfer. King Mini Bus Charters offers a range of vehicle options suitable for individuals or groups of various sizes. Having a larger group of passengers that wouldn’t normally fit in a regular taxi means you can all arrive at the same time and share the costs.
4. Cost-Effectiveness – Though a private taxi may initially seem more expensive than other options, it becomes far more economical when considering factors such as long waiting times and potential surcharges associated with public transport and taxis.
5. 24/7 Availability – No matter what time your flight arrives or departs, King Mini Bus Charters is available for booking.
Looking for more inspiring Vacations & Travel stories? Try these…