As we count down the final days of 2019, it’s time to get your New Year’s Eve plans locked in, if you have’t already. And what better way to celebrate than with good food and good company?
This year, several restaurants around Sydney city are getting involved with the end of year hype by offering a New Year’s Eve dining or party experience for guests to end their year on a high note. So if you’re still looking for something special to do this year, we’ve listed a selection of New Year’s Eve drink and dine experiences at some of Sydney’s most prime locations.
The Squire’s Landing, The Rocks
With a sublime view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, The Squire’s Landing, offers one of the best positions in Sydney to watch the fireworks from. There are two ticket types on offer:
The Upper Deck ticket will give guests access to the upper level of The Squire’s Landing between 6pm and 2am and a spectacular vantage point to take in the night’s festivities. They’ll also have access to the outdoor Harbour Deck to take in the fireworks at 9pm and midnight. Tickets are $500pp and are inclusive of a three-hour premium beverage package and bespoke canapé menu which runs from 6pm – 9pm. Additional food and beverages are available to purchase throughout the night.
The Forecourt ticket is best if you want to keep things a little more casual but still have knock-out views of the fireworks. Kicking off from 6pm, it offers the ultimate beer garden to enjoy New Year’s Eve. Tickets are $350pp and are inclusive of a three-hour beverage package and substantial canapés which runs from 6 – 9pm. Additional food and beverages are available to purchase throughout the night with doors closing at 2am.
Hyde Hacienda Sydney Bar + Lounge, Circular Quay
Celebrate the new year in style at the relaunched Hyde Hacienda Sydney that offers spectacular views of Sydney’s NYE fireworks. From 7:30pm until 12:30am guests will enjoy a glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne on arrival, roaming South American-inspired canapes, a live paella station & flowing drinks all night long in a stunning botanic oasis overlooking Circular Quay. There will be a DJ playing tunes all night and a photobooth station to capture the memories. If this sounds like your style be quick as tickets are limited and on final release.
If you prefer your New Year’s Eve to be more food-focused, Babylon’s restaurant will be open for the evening. With an array of Levantine-inspired dishes to choose from and no set menu that you’ll be locked into, it’s an easy choice for dinner with friends and family. With multiple outdoor bar spaces, stellar signature cocktails and live music, Babylon’s rooftop is a great option for those wanting to enjoy NYE under the stars in the CBD. Choose from three packages available:
- Signature: You’ll secure a reserved table plus a bottle of Chandon and shared meze platters. Available for 6 – 15 guests and bookings taken throughout the night, pending availability. Cost: $500 (for the Signature package, not per person).
- Premium: The premium package secures you a table plus a designated host to look after you for the night. You’ll also receive a bottle of either Belvedere vodka, Glenmorangie or Hennessey plus a bottle of Chandon, shared meze platters and unlimited mixers. Available for 6 – 15 guests and bookings taken through the night, pending availability. Cost: $1500 (for the whole package, not per person).
- Luxury: Offering you one of the best tables in Babylon’s bar, a personal host for your table, two bottles of Moet, two bottles of either Belvedere vodka, Glenmorangie or Hennessey, meze platters to share, unlimited mixers and Red Bull, plus shisha in the turret. Available for 6 – 15 guests and bookings taken throughout the night, pending availability. Cost: $2500 (for the whole package, not per person).
Duck & Rice, CBD
Duck & Rice is the perfect place for a pre-firework feed. The venue isn’t taking any bookings; just turn up on the night, grab a table in their bar or on their rooftop terrace and order as you please from the bar food and drinks menu (the restaurant is closed on NYE, just bar food will be available).
It’s strolling distance to Circular Quay so you can head into Duck & Rice early for some dinner and cocktails then find a vantage point for the fireworks to bring in the new year. Find out more: www.duckandrice.com.au
Cruise Bar, The Rocks
With last year’s party success, there’s no doubt that New Year’s Eve 2019 at Cruise Bar is going to be a hit. Treat yourself to front row seats to all the action on Sydney Harbour as Carnivàle takes over Cruise Bar from 6pm until 2am for their annual NYE party in partnership with KIIS FM.
Opt for the VIP package to gain access to Cruise Bar’s coveted Rooftop on Level 3 where there will be three hours of free-flowing champagne from 6pm-9pm paired with mouth-watering canapes as well as live performances and panoramic views of the Harbour and surrounds. First Release starts from $399 (plus booking fee).
Alternatively, if you’re keen for a good time on a tighter budget you can opt for the general admission tickets. Guests will enjoy a glass of sparkling on arrival and party by the water’s edge on Level 1 and Level 2. First Release starts from $109 (plus booking fee).
Book/find out more: cruisebar.com.au/nye/
Pier One Sydney Harbour
Kick of 2020 with a bang at Pier One Sydney Harbour party. All-inclusive tickets give party goers access to uninterrupted views of Australia’s famous Sydney Harbour Bridge, all you can eat premium street food style stalls along the Pier, and quality drinks all night from the selection of pop up bars. There are three ticket packages available, with the choice of indoor and outdoor spaces to enjoy the views:
- General ticket: general area access from 7pm, all inclusive menu of premium street food style stalls along the Pier, all inclusive drinks package from a selection of pop-up bars and DJ entertainment all night.
- Exclusive booth seating: all General ticket inclusions, guaranteed seating in your own exclusive booth throughout the event with direct water views overlooking Walsh Bay (perfect for groups of 6 or 12 people)
- VIP ticket: All General ticket inclusions, early entry from 6pm, VIP access to private bar and oyster station, chef’s selection canapés on arrival, unlimited premium drinks all night, food & drink service from 6:00pm to 12:30am.
Bookings/find out more: pieronesydneyharbour.com.au/new-years-eve/